You may have seen similar posts by other bloggers, such as Feclia @ The Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog‘s Balancing the Book Budget or Jennifer @ The Book Nympho‘s Book Budget. I thought it was a great idea so Pinching Pennies is my version of
beingtrying to be responsible when purchasing books. And a big thanks to Michelle @ Because Reading is better than real life for designing my button!
It’s a new year and I have a new – STRICTER – budget goal than last year. I’m pretty sure I did great this month too… let’s see how I did!
My 2015 Budget
- Audible Membership: $149.50 (yearly plan, downgraded from last year’s platinum plan)
- Giveaways: $150 (I realized I need to set a limit for myself on this too)
- Purchases:gift cards + money earned through rewards
Ways to Earn Book Money
- $1.00 for every week I average 10,000 steps/day
- $1.00 for every week I keep my food journal
- $1.00 for every week I write 2,500 words (500/day)
- $5.00 for every month I don’t spend money on a book.
- $5.00 for every series I finish/catch up on
- $0.10 for every book I read from the library
- $0.10 for every book I read that I owned in 2014
March 2015 Book Budget
- Audible credits available at start of month:10 + $16.01
- Giftcard Money available at start of month: $15 Half Price Books + $135 Barnes & Noble
- Reward Money available at start of month: $35.50
- Giveaway Money available at start of month: $145.00
March 2015 Reward Money Earned
- Steps Money (due to injury this is just did I move as much as possible?): 4 weeks – $4
- Food Journal Money: 4 weeks – $4
Writing Money: 2 weeks – $2
- No Spending Money:$5
- Series Catch Up Money:Finished The Memory’s Wake Trilogy, Current on Fever Series – $10
- Library Books Money: Read 6 library books – $0.60
- 2014 ShelfLove Money: 2 books – $0.20
Total Earned: $15.80 (that’s two months in a row I earned that EXACT amount. I seem consistent!)
Books I added in March 2015
I need to stop grabbing books! That’s 14 books this month, though 3 of them were library books, thank goodness. With the exception of grabbing Winner’s Curse and the latest Chicagoland Vampires, I’m going to make April a no book buying month. I have RT in May and I need to save room on my shelves for that!
Updated March 2015 Budget
- Audible credits available at end of month: 8 + $16.01
- Giftcard Money available at end of month: $15 Half Price Books + $135 Barnes & Noble + $20 Audible
- Reward money available at end of month: $51.30
- Giveaway Money available at end of month: $130.00
Do you keep a book budget?
How’d you do in March 2015?