Welcome to the 64th Edition of My Sunday Post!
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Basically it’s a chance to talk about the books you bought, borrowed, blogged about, and read for the week and what’s coming in the week ahead – and then share them with a much wider blogging community. Check out the details here.
News At Home
If I ever needed proof that thinking positive when things are going rough worked, this past week would be the perfect proof. You may remember that last week’s Sunday Post I reported a really rough week. But I was optimistic that things would get better and they have. Last week was one of the best week’s I’ve had all year!
For one – and this is possibly the biggest news – my brother finally came out to my mom. I’ve known for a very long time and have been helping keep it and the boyfriend a secret. Not easy, since I’m a sucky liar. But last week’s seizure – and the phone call I got from his boyfriend – solidified that it was time to tell mom. She was suspicious that there was some secret for a while but getting a phone call while he’s having a seizure means someone is obviously with him. So bad things can lead to good things right? Now coming out to my mom is a HUGE deal because she’s a Jehovah’s Witness and our family does not have the best track record with accepting anything other than that faith. While I’m a good test case for how things can go horribly wrong, the past few years my relationship with my mom has gone from non-existent to pretty darn good. And I think that paved the way for my brother. She’s not thrilled, but she said, “I will always love you no matter what.” I know we should expect no less, but in our family that’s a small miracle. Sure, it would be great if she didn’t care at all, but as it stands Philip is so relieved and I’m thrilled. For one, I can stop tip-toeing around what I say about him on the blog (I didn’t want to be responsible for outing him!) and two, I’m just so happy to see my brother so happy. So yay!
My brother and his boyfriend are joining us all for Thanksgiving on Thursday – and we’re crossing our fingers that mom will be there too (Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, so it would be a BIG deal). I sat down with my step-son’s mom this week and we made the menu and decided who’s cooking what. So I have Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Pie, Bourbon Sweet Potatoes, Cranberry Jell-O, and homemade rolls to make this week. I can’t wait for Thursday, so much good food and a landmark for our family!
We also have made a lot of headway with my step-son’s aunt (the teen who was in trouble last week). It’s going to be a slow process, but there’s a lot less fighting going on and a lot of healing. Another yay!
And I have other HUGE news, but before I can share it I have to wait for some Ts to be crossed and Is to be dotted. But we can just say that this alone would have made my week. I screamed and almost cried when I got the good news. Maybe even went into a bit of shock. So hopefully I’ll be telling you all about that next week.
Michelle and I have PROMISED each other neither one of us will say “I Have An Idea” for at least a month. But that was after Michelle’s latest idea that was too good not to talk about, morph a bit, and turn into a 2015 year long challenge. We spent almost all day Friday on the phone working on the details, writing the sign-up post (me) and designing the logo (Michelle). We’ll have all the details December 1st, but a little teaser:
Michelle and I are also doing a recap of 2014 and glance forward at 2015 starting December 22nd and running until January 2nd. This isn’t something we’re hosting or anything (not structured at all), but feel free to join in and use Michelle’s awesome logo!
Finally… I know, so much! But a reminder that we’re hosting COYER again. Sign-Ups are open now and we kick off December 20th. It’s going to be a lot of fun and we’ve built such a great community, we’d love to have you join us.
- NaNoWriMo – At this point, I probably should just say that it’s not happening. Life has been too hectic. I’ll have to have my own version in December!
- NaNoWriMo Bloggy Style – I’m doing really well with this actually. I have reviews scheduled all the way into January! As of now I have 21 posts scheduled and another 16 setup. That’s more than 30, so woot!
- NetGalley November – I backtracked 🙁 See someone (MICHELLE!) shared a book that I had to have. And then in the process of finding it, I found 1 other one. So I don’t think I’ll end this month with the percentage I had hoped for. But I am reading my second NetGalley book this month and my goal was to read three, so that should be doable. Win, right?
Last Week on the Blog
- [16 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 16
- [16 Nov] Sunday Post | 63rd Edition
- [17 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 17
- [17 Nov] First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones ★★★★½
- [18 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 18
- [19 Nov] Grave Witch by Kalayna Price ★★★★★
- [19 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 19 ★★★★★
- [20 Nov] Generation 18 by Keri Arthur ★★★★
- [20 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 20
- [21 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 21
- [21 Nov] Book Blog Walkers Check-in 47
- [21 Nov] November 2014 Write On #Reviewathon
- [22 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 22
This Week on the Blog Look For:
Sunday Post | 64th Edition
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 23
Grave Dance by Kalayna Price
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 24
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 25
Grave Memory by Kalayna Price
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 26
Kidnapped the Wrong Sister by Marie Kelly
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 27
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 28
Book Blog Walkers Check-in 48
Forever & Always by Jacinda Wilder | My TBR List Review
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 29
Kimba had a fantastic post this week all about different Gadgets and Apps for Booklovers. I found several that I’ll now be using regularly!
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to participate this year, but WhoRuBlog is hosting the annual Holiday Readathon again, complete with tons of min-challenges. Go sign up!
How was your week?
Link to your posts in the comments below so I can visit you 🙂