After two months of planning and preparing, it’s finally time for the Clean out your E-reader challenge! We’re so excited that so many of you found time to join us and know it’s going to be a blast. See below for a reminder of the rules a calendar of events during the month-long reading challenge and most importantly – the linky and rafflecopter for you to submit your reviews!
Once More, With Feeling… The Rules
Let’s have fun this month! But this is also a challenge with two $10 gift cards up for grabs at the end, so there are some rules to follow.
- Submit the link to your start-up post to the Linky below. This is a NEW Linky and even if you told us you planned to participate you need to submit the link to your sign-up post. This post should be live by 11:59 PM (PST) November 1st and include:
- The FREE OR NEARLY FREE (up to $5) books you hope to read on your E-Reader. This can change – just let us know your goals.
Note: If you do not have a blog/somewhere to post with a unique link, this post can go up in “Two Girls and a Challenge” and just link back to the “Clean out your E-reader Challenge – What do you plan to read?” folder.
1. Read and review your books! When you review a book be sure to indicate that it’s part of this challenge by:
- Including the button and/or banner (at the bottom of this post)
- Including the Linky code so that others can easily see the other reviews that are part of the challenge
2. When you’ve reviewed a book submit the link to the review (the actual review, not the blog where it was written) – which can be on a blog, Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc – to both the Linky and Rafflecopter below.
- Linky- Please put the name of the book in the Linky. For example, if I were reviewing Match and Mistletoe by Jodie Griffin, my Linky entry would say “Match and Mistletoe by Jodie Griffin @ Fantasy is More Fun”
- Rafflecopter – There will be a place to add 1 review link per day. Please enter each link only 1x (we will be checking this). You don’t need to enter the link the day you did the review, just keep in mind you can only do 1 per day, so don’t try to add them all at once.
- Both the Linky and Rafflecopter will remain open for 1 week into December (closing December 7th at 11:59 PM CST) so that you can still earn entries for those books you finished at the end of the month. Winners will be announced the following week!
3. You can earn extra entries in the Rafflecopter by participating in the Twitter Party and each of the mini-challenges listed below AND for following our gracious mini-challenge hosts! Participating and following are not a requirement, but certainly add to the fun!
4. Visit as many of the other reviews as you can. We won’t be monitoring this and there’s no penalty for not visiting, but in the spirit of the challenge support your co-participants efforts please!
What will your goal be?
Lightly Clean – 1 to 5 E-books
Spring Clean – 5 to 10 E-books
Deep Clean – More than 10 E-books
And that’s it! Easy enough, right? Most importantly, have fun!! Remember you can talk about your reading progress at “Two Girls and a Challenge” and by Tweeting #COYER
The Mini-Challenges are a way to have extra fun while working through your reads and have a chance to win great prizes. Each challenge will open up on Sunday at 12:01 AM (CST) and last until Saturday at 11:59 PM (CST), giving you a week to play the games and win the prizes. Good luck and have fun!
Other Challenge Fun from Your Hosts
In honor of the focus of this challenge – FREE OR NEARLY FREE EBOOKS – Berls has put together a new feature – “Free Book Friday” – and will have fun guest post from authors along every Friday during the challenge. In addition, she will post a review for one of the eBooks she got for less than $5 by the featured author. Some authors will even be including giveaways! Here’s what’s scheduled at Fantasy is More Fun:
Friday November 1st
Free Book Friday with Anna Zaires and Dima Zale along with my review of Close Liasons which they co-authored/edited and a giveaway!
Friday November 8th
Free Book Friday with Vera Nazarian along with my review of Cobweb Bride!
Friday November 15th
Free Book Friday with Marie Hall along with my review of A Moment! I’ll also be revealing the final puzzle piece for the cover of Marie’s newest book Moon’s Flower!
Friday November 22nd
Free Book Friday with Laurel Osterkamp along with my review of November Surprise and a giveaway!
Friday November 29th
Free Book Friday with Travis Luedke along with my review of The Night Life: Las Vegas!
Michelle is going to give you a special treat at the end of the challenge at Because Reading is better than real life – 1 lucky winner will get a copy of one of the books she read during the month. And since Michelle plans to be doing serious work on that NetGalley ratio – these will very likely be books that you can’t get for free on Amazon! If they aren’t released yet, she’ll preorder it for you or, if she can’t do that, give you a gift card for $10 so you can buy it yourself when it comes out. So head over to her list of books she plans to read and start picking out what you want! Better push her to read it so it’ll be in the running for the giveaway – which will run December 1st – December 7th!
And last but not least – join us for a Twitter Party November 24th from 7pm – 8pm (EST). We’ll be using #COYER and will have lots of fun questions for a chance to win swag and even some free books!!! So don’t miss it 🙂
The moment you’ve been waiting for… the Linky and the Rafflecopter!
When you’ve reviewed a book submit the link to the review these are the Linky and Rafflecopter you’ll submit your links to. This is also where you’ll put the link to your start up post.
Both the Linky and Rafflecopter will remain open for 1 week into December (closing December 7th at 11:59 PM CST) so that you can still earn entries for those books you finished at the end of the month. Winners will be announced the following week!
Please put the name of the book in the Linky. For example, if I were reviewing Match and Mistletoe by Jodie Griffin, my Linky entry would say “Book Review: Match and Mistletoe by Jodie Griffin @ Fantasy is More Fun”
Rafflecopter: There will be a place to add 1 review link per day. Please enter each link only 1x (we will be checking this). You don’t need to enter the link the day you did the review, just keep in mind you can only do 1 per day, so don’t try to add them all at once. a Rafflecopter giveaway
Grab the Button or Banner for your review posts!