Top Ten Books I read in One Sitting
When I went to make this list I was stuck for a little bit – because I could only think of a couple books that I read in one sitting. Not because I don’t remember these other books, it’s just that despite WANTING to read a book in one sitting often, it rarely happens for practical reasons. So one sitting isn’t necessarily a measure of how good a book is, but the time I was reading it being convenient for a non-stop read. So I used goodreads read start and and date feature to figure out the top ten books I read in one day (as close as I can get to one sitting).
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J K Rowling. This one I remembered. Because I was so eagerly waiting it I couldn’t sleep the night it was released… I finally left my house at 6am to go pick it up (why didn’t I just go to a midnight release?!) and read for 17 hours straight. I only stopped to use the restroom, call my BF and squee over its greatness, and to get tissues.
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. This one I also remembered because I read it before all the hype. One of my friends recommended it and I was very skeptical because I wasn’t into vampires yet. A day later I was hooked! (Yes, I realize it has flaws but I love the story)
- The Stepsister’s Tale by Tracey Barrett. This one surprised me, I knew I liked it but I didn’t realize I had read it in one day. I gave it 5 stars, but I do suspect this was a situational 1 day reading, not that I COULD NOT put it down.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass. NO surprise here. I read this during a 24 hour read-a-thon, so I know situation helped. But I’m not so sure I could have put this down anyway. ONe of my favorite reads.
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover. Not a big surprise, since I remember being sucked in. I was actually surprised that Ugly Love didn’t make the list – but then I remembered having to set it down for a day because it upset me so badly. Otherwise Hoover is a 1 sitting writer for me – out of necessity, not convenience.
- Grave Visions by Kalyana Price. I didn’t realize I Read this in one day, but after waiting so anxiously (and long) for the book I’m not shocked.
- Second Chance Summer by Jill ShalvisThis was a necessity one day read – I was meeting her the next day at an event. But I did love the book!
- Portrait in Death
- and Memory in Death by J.D. Robb. I’ve rushed through several of these, so I’m kinda surprised only two made the list! Love the series.
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven. Although I did really enjoy this book, it’s definitely because I had the time and I had the added pressure of book club being like a day away. But a surprisingly good book, for sure!
What books have you read in one sitting? Is it just because their good, or are their other factors?Berls is sharing ten books she read in one sitting! What have you read? #TTT Click To Tweet