Top Ten Authors I Can’t Believe I’ve Met!
I’ve been to several author events and had some major fan girl moments. Some times I still can’t believe I’ve met these incredible authors!
I have to start with Jennifer L. Armentrout. I think the best way to describe her is my author crush. IDK why I love her so much – I like her writing, but after meeting her in person at RT2015 I just felt she was this really cool person. I got to chat with her a lot at RT2015 (yes, there were numerous meetings!) and when I saw her again a year later at BEA 2016, she remembered me!!! And when I confessed I’d seen her earlier that day but resisted running up to her, she told me I could totally approach her any time I saw her! How cool is that?
- When I met Colleen Hoover, I said, “Oh my god! You’re Colleen Hoover” and she said “Oh my God, I am.” LOL and then she signed my book “OMG” A special moment 🙂
I’ve met Darynda Jones twice – but the other picture is really bad 🙁 The first time I met her, I’d never read any of her books :/ The second time I was Charley obsessed and told her “I have a bone to pick with you!” And got into a fairly long, fun conversation about Book 10. Love her!
- I’m really sad I didn’t get a better picture with Diana Pharaoh Francis 🙁 I suck at selfies! I love her writing – I always find it shocking and original. I feel like she’s one of my favorite, less-known authors.
Kind of a blurry picture with Jennifer Estep. This was super cool – I got to have breakfast with her and a few blogger buddies at RT15. She was so fun and down to earth, such a great time!
- Diana Rowland guys! She was so cool to meet because she’s was so funny – I could so easily understand how she wrote such funny books!
- Me with Chloe Neill! I have enjoyed her Chicagoland Vampires series and now her Devil’s Isles series is even better. So cool to have met her.
- JA Huss! This was cool becasue Brandee and Lexxie really know Julie, and I wish I did lol. But they had plans to meet her for dinner and they totally let me crash! It was amazing and she’s just too cool!
- I loved Dissonance and by luck I ran into Erica O’Rourke at RT2015! And she asked to take a picture before I could ask her – how cool is that? She was too fun!
- Y’all Patricia Briggs!! But let me tell you, this is more than a quick photo. Patty & her husband sat with a small group of us for a while, chatting and signing books. I mentioned that I was bringing mine to the author signing and they said they actually wouldn’t be there, that’s why there were signing now. I was so bummed that I didn’t have my books with me that Patti’s husband gave me his phone number so I could find them later that day after going home and getting my books! WHAT?! This picture is from when I found them later… and its photo bombed by Diana Pharaoh Francis. Awesome!!
Writing this post, I realize I’ve been incredibly lucky! I knew I’d met quite a few authors, but I’ve met several that mean a lot to me and I’ve had more than just the cursory stand in a line experiences! I’ve had long conversations, sat down to meals, been given phone numbers, and been remembered BY NAME a year later! I’m very lucky!!
Have you had cool author moments?Berls is gushing over some of her top author moments! #TTT Click To Tweet