Top Ten Second Chance Romances
This was really hard for me because I don’t organize my books by tropes and while I know there’s a buttload of favorite books that have romance tropes, figuring them out wasn’t easy. I finally went with second chance romances because they are one of my favorite tropes. Are these my top ten? IDK. They’re the ten I could remember that have a second chance romance though!
- I Kissed a Rogue by Shana Galen. This is a favorite series for me and this one was a favorite in the series – probably because I do love a second chance romance. I’ve reviewed this one already (not true for all the books on this list) here.
- Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley. This second chance romance is unique because it’s a married couple reuniting after loss and severe pain. Jennifer Ashley wrote the emotions really well! See review here.
- Enemies on Tap by Avery Flynn. This one is also a bit of enemies to lovers, which is super fun. Two of my favorite tropes, combined! I only gave it three stars, but the romance tropes – I loved. See review here.
- Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis. This was my first Jill Shalvis read and I loved it! I haven’t reviewed it yet, but I do recommend it!
- November Surprise by Laurel Osterkamp. I would have forgotten this one if it weren’t for going through my list of goodreads books marked romance. And that would have been a shame as this book is a fun book about growing up and realizing who you’ve loved all along. Here’s my review.
- A Moment by Marie Hall. Y’all know Marie Hall (who goes by MANY names) is a favorite author of mine (though it’s been far too long since I’ve read her!) and this was the first contemporary romance I read of hers. To be fair, this one hardly counts as a second chance romance as their first encounter they barely even connect. But I only had 9 books on my list and this is a five star favorite, so I flubbed the trope a bit 😉 see my review here.
- The Duke’s Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley. Another Jennifer Ashley from the same series as Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage. This second chance romance is equally great but in no one similar to the other. See my review here.
- The Seduction of Elliot McBride by Jennifer Ashley. Geez!! It wasn’t until making this list that I realized there were so many second chance romances in this one series. Jennifer Ashley does it well though and not a single one of the feels the same. Probably why I didn’t realize they were all second chance romances! See review here 🙂
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman. This book is both heartbreaking and heartwarming – a sequel to If I Stay and a must read. My review here.
- The Wright Brother by Marie Hall. Last, but certainly not least, this may be my favorite second chance romance on the list. So many feels in this book. I can’t recommend it enough… In fact, I’m suddenly dying to reread it. Here’s my review.
Do you like the second chance romance trope? What other romance tropes do you like?Berls is sharing 10 second chance romances in this week's #TTT Click To Tweet