The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Basically it’s a chance to talk about the books you bought, borrowed, blogged about, and read for the week and what’s coming in the week ahead – and then share them with a much wider blogging community. Check out the details here.
News at Home – Happy 2017!
We made it to 2017 y’all! I was ready to say goodbye to 2016 but I’m definitely anxious about what 2017 has in store for us. I guess time will only tell! I hope everyone had a great Holiday!
I took an unplanned break from blogging over the past few weeks. I just had a ton going on with school wrapping up for the semester and then I was tired and needed to just take a complete break from everything. But I’m back and ready for a great year. I had a wonderful holiday with my family and by some miracle my family seems to have finally realized that I look books. I know, right?! So for Christmas this year I got so many book related gifts! No books or gift cards for books, but some really nice book things – a book necklace, a Pride and Prejudice scarf, Harry Potter items galore!
Now I’m ready to head back to work. I did a surprisingly small of work over break – but I still feel ready. I went in yesterday to kind of take an assessment of what I need to accomplish tomorrow. And then the kids will be back on Tuesday. I have to admit, I missed them and can’t wait to see how much they’ve grown over break. I really hope they haven’t completely forgotten how to be in school 🙂
I’m hoping to be scheduled out for a full 2 weeks by time this posts – if not at least a week. In my dream world a month, but we all know that’s not happening anytime soon. I didn’t do much blogging with my break, but I did transfer the blog from one hosting server to another. The first time I did it was for COYER’s blog and OMG it took days and was a disaster. But it sure shows that you learn by making mistakes because this time…. this time I didn’t have any trouble at all! It still took a couple days because I had so much to move, but it wasn’t fraught with mistakes. Yay!
I’m not participating in many challenges this year… in fact, just one. My 2017 Reading Assignment Challenge. I saw several that sounded great and had my name written all over them. But then I had to get realistic and admit I wasn’t going to be able to keep up with them. But I’m reading for my #2017HW thanks to everyone voting. Check out my final reading list!
It’s time to recommit for January and OMG I really have a lot of recommitting to do. For one, I’ve slipped working out a lot. But more importantly my diet has sucked this past month. Y’all I gained like 20 pounds! It takes so much for me to lose and all I have to do is look at a piece of cake to gain 5 pounds… and I didn’t just look this holiday season. I ate. But I’m not going to make a huge deal out of it, I’m just refocusing. I’ve reworked my diet to something I think I can easily stick to. And I’ve decided gym just wasn’t working because the end of the day is just too hard. So I’m going to wake up 45 minutes early M-F to work out. Wish me luck, I’ll need it!
Last Few Weeks on the Blog
- [13 Nov] Sunday Post | A Devastating Week
- [14 Nov] What I’m Reading November 14, 2016
- [15 Nov] Ares by Felicity Heaton Cover Reveal
- [16 Nov] Smut by Karina Halle ★★★★
- [17 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks: To the Book People!
- [18 Nov] Panic by J. A. Huss ★★★★
- [19 Nov] Books From Kinderland | Happy Thanksgiving!
- [19 Nov] Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano ★★★★½
- [19 Nov] A Plump and Perky Turkey by Teresa Bateman ★★★½
- [19 Nov] The Thank You Book by Mo Willems ★★★★½
- [23 Nov] All the Rage by T.M. Frazier ★★★½
- [24 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks: Happy Thanksgiving
- [26 Nov] Bah, Humbug! by Heather Horrocks ★★★½
- [28 Nov] What I’m Reading November 28, 2016
- [29 Nov] Gerard's Beauty by Marie Hall ★★★½
- [30 Nov] Confessions From A Coffee Shop by T. B. Markinson
- [2 Dec] #2017HW | Reading Assignment Challenge Sign Up
- [7 Dec] Arena by Holly Jennings ★★★★★
- [8 Dec] Read an excerpt from Felicity Heaton’s newest book: Ares!
- [29 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | Q1 2016
- [30 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | Q2 2016
- [31 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | Q3 2016
This Week on the Blog Look For:
Sunday Post | Happy 2017!
#2016HW End of Year Report Card
Top Ten 2017 Debuts I’m Excited For
Just a Few Mcbrides I read #review
Are you too tired to read?
At Wolf Ranch #review
My TBR List | January 2017 voting
How was your week?Berls is wishing everyone a happy 2017 in her Sunday Post! Click To Tweet