A couple years ago Michelle and I did this challenge to give thanks on a daily basis, like Felicia does on her blog. I would love to do that again this year, but I know that I can’t pull it off. So, instead I’m doing 4 posts. Each Thursday in November I’ll be giving thanks to a part of my life I particularly appreciate.
A Month of Giving Thanks: Authors and Narrators!
Like all book bloggers (I’m making an assumption… but I think it’s a safe one), books have an incredibly special place in my life. They help me through tough times, they make me laugh, I get to travel the world and other worlds. Through them I get to fall in love over and over. I get angry. I’m emotionally destroyed. And I appreciate every moment. If it weren’t for the amazing authors that write these words down, such a huge piece of my life would be missing. So I have to give thanks to them. But, unlike some readers, the majority of these worlds are open to me through audio books. If it weren’t for audio books I wouldn’t have time to read even half the books I do every year. And, to top it off, these narrators are amazing. They do justice to the author’s words and make them come to life in a way that you can only understand if you too love audio books. So for me, they deserve equal thanks. Join me in thanking these wonderful people! (in no particular order)
Thank you for making me stay up all night!
- Karen Chance (author) for Cassie Palmer
- Sarah J. Maas (author) for Throne of Glass
- Tracey Martin (author) for Redzone
Thank you for making me cry my eyes out!
- RS Black (author) for Night (great characters and world too…)
- Colleen Hoover (author) for Ugly Love
- John Green (author) for The Fault in Our Stars
Thank you for making me laugh my ass off (if only that were literal)!
- Loretta Chase (author) and Kate Reading (narrator) for Lord of Scoundrels
- Molly Harper (author) and Amanda Ronconi (narrator) for Jane Jameson, Half-Moon HallowNaked Werewolf, and Rhythm and Bluegrass
- Shelly Laurenston (author) and Johanna Parker (narrator) for Call of Crows
Thank you for letting me travel to the most amazing worlds!
- Kim Harrison (author) and Marguerite Gavin for The Hollows
- Kim Harrison (author) for The Peri Reed Chronicles
- Felicity Heaton (author) for Eternal Mates
- Jennifer L. Armentrout (author) and Saskia Maarleveld (narrator) for The Dark Elements
- J.K. Rowling (author) for Harry Potter
- Marissa Meyer (author) and Rebecca Soler (narrator) for The Lunar Chronicles
- Rachel Vincent (author) and Amanda Ronconi (narrator) for Soul Screamers
- Kalayna Prince (author) and Emily Durante (narrator) for Alex Craft
- Laini Taylor (author) and Khristine Hvam (narrator) for Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Thank you for letting me fall in love over and over!
- Colleen Hoover (author), Zachary Webber (narrator), and Angela Goethals (narrator) for November 9
- Marie Hall (author) for The Wright Brother
- Sally MacKenzie (author) and Beverley A. Crick (narrator) for Spinster House
- Tessa Dare (author) for When a Scot Ties the Knot
- Jennifer Ashley (author) and Angela Dawe (narrator) for Mackenzies & McBrides
Thank you for introducing me to the most amazing characters!
- Darynda Jones (author) and Loreli King (narrator) for Charley Davidson (easily could have been in the sex or laugh categories too!)
- Patricia Briggs for Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega (and for being a super cool person!)
- Marissa Meyer (author) for Heartless
- Carrie Vaughn (author) and Marguerite Gavin (narrator) for Kitty Norville
- JD Robb (author) and Susan Erickson (narrator) for In Death (there isn’t a category this one doesn’t fit into, honestly!)
- Colleen Helme (author) and Wendy Tremont King (narrator) for Shelby Nichols
- Diana Rowland (author) and Allison McLemore (narrator) for White Trash Zombie
- Keri Arthur (author) for City of Light
Thank you for making me think!
- Tahereh Mafi (author) and Kate Simses (narrator) for Shatter Me
- Sophie Jordan (author) and Rebecca Gibel (narrator) for Uninvited
- Shana Galen (author) and Beverley A. Crick (narrator) for Covent Garden Cubs
- Holly Jennings (author) for Arena
Thank you for stressing me the F*ck Out!
- Sherry D. Ficklin (author) for Stolen Empire
- Diana Pharaoh Francis (author) for Crosspointe Chronicles and Horngate Witches
- Stacia Kane (author) and Bahni Turpin for Downside Ghosts
- Sawyer Bennett (author), Lucy Rivers (narrator) and Christian Fox (narrator) for Sugar Bowl
- Jeaniene Frost (author) for Night Huntress
Thank you for amazing sex (it had to be said…)!
- JA Huss (author) for Social Media & Rook & Ronin (there is so much more than sex to both of these. But the sex is pretty great!)
- Audrey Carlan (author) for Calendar Girl
- Olivia Cunning (author) and Justine O. Keef (narrator) for Sinners on Tour