Top Ten characters I’d name a child/dog/cat/ car after
This one is really hard for me, because character names tend to evade me. And I kind of like being original, more than naming after things. But I do have a few that stick because I love them so much!
- Buffy! I’ve already named my dog Buffy. And rather than take up this list with just the gang, I’ll just say that it would be my dream to have a houseful of the Scoobies – in pet form 🙂
- Jenks from the Hollows. I loved Jenks and he was just so dependable and the best friend. So I think that’d make a great pet name.
- Luna from Harry Potter. Sure I love Harry, Hermoine and Ron. But those names are too obvious. I would totally name a child Luna. Of course, my husband would never agree. But still. So a dog. I’m going to need a lot of dogs for this list to ever come true.
- Pandora from Night Series by R.S. Black. Gah, I just loved that demon so much I can’t not name something after her. It would have to be a car though – not a living thing since the name has so many bad connotations. But that car would be my little demon 🙂
- Cookie from Charley Davidson series. I just love Cookie, she’s probably my favorite character. An animal or a car.
- Cress (Crescent) from The Lunar Chronicles. She was my favorite. I just love her personality and that mix of tough techie and dreamy sweet girl. Another one I would name a child but my husband so wouldn’t let me.
I know this is supposed to be a top ten list, but most my favorite characters either have way too many horrible things happen to them (I read a lot of fantasy and dystopia) or have way to common of a name. I just don’t really do the naming after thing too often. But if I had named all the scoobies – Willow, Xander, Giles, Spike, Anya, Cordelia, Faith, Angel and even Dawn – I would have totally hit ten. So I sort of did it.
What characters would you name someone after?Top ten characters I'd name a child/dog/cat after #TTT Click To Tweet