I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Eternal Mates #7
Published by Independent on March 10, 2015
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Yes! Finally! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed all the Eternal Mates books, but I’ve SO been missing all the original characters. I missed the way the stories wove together. With Taken By a Dragon we’re back together and it was grand. Best one in a while!
Possessed by a need to save a beautiful Amazon warrior from the vision he witnessed, Loke snatched her from the midst of the battle between the Third and Fifth realm of the demons, and carried her to his home deep in the black mountains of Hell to protect her. But as the fierce little female awakens, he finds she’s anything but grateful, and his dragon instincts roar to life to warn she might be more to him than an enemy—she might be his fated female.
Anais remembers meeting a handsome warrior in the heat of battle, a man who was her enemy but who looked at her with eyes that held dark heat and wicked promises. When she wakes to find that same dragon shifter has taken her captive, desire is the last thing on her mind, but escaping him to return to Archangel, the hunter organisation she works for, sounds less than appealing when he reveals the reason he took her—to stop her from dying.
Can Loke protect Anais from the dangers of his realm and how far will he go to save her from the future he keeps witnessing? Can Anais resist the fierce attraction that burns between them as hot as fire and stay true to Archangel or will her heart be taken by the dragon?
- Heaton did a great job weaving quite a few story lines back together. We’ve had a few tangents over the last several books and suddenly here they’re converging. But it wasn’t like a traffic accident – it was smooth and clearly she’s been working towards this all along. So not only was it great to see everyone, but it really made for a great story.
- The characters were great. And not just seeing the oldies again. Anais is a great heroine – strong and capable, though I did want to hurt her at one point! – and Loke was awesome. I loved his fascination with the human world, his visions, and how much he was willing to sacrafice to protect Anais.
- Speaking of visions – I just loved the way Heaton developed the Dragon lore in Taken by a Dragon. Their restrictions within the human world, their culture, shifting, everything was fascinating. I think they’re my favorite race we’ve learned about so far.
- As always, Heaton knows how to do sexy right. Just sayin’!
What Didn’t Work:
- Umm… I don’t want to be spoilery, so I can’t say to much here but Anais makes a decision that is not only really dumb but I felt too naive for me to believe she would make it. She had to make the decision for the plot to progress and I really bugged me that she acted so stupidly.
- It got a little overkill with the sex! I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually was like, “Really? Another sex scene?” I’m not one to complain, but a couple times it got in the way of the story on me.
Overall, Taken By a Dragon was exciting, fun, and sexy – and exactly what I needed to get myself back into this series as I excitedly approach the book I’ve been waiting for… Bleu’s! It’s only 1 more away!
Berls loved seeing some old favorites in Taken by a Dragon. 4.5/5 stars! Click To Tweet