The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Basically it’s a chance to talk about the books you bought, borrowed, blogged about, and read for the week and what’s coming in the week ahead – and then share them with a much wider blogging community. Check out the details here.
News at Home – Happy 2016!
Wow! Can y’all beieve it’s already 2016? I sure can’t! But Happy 2016 just the same 🙂
I had a busy, yet lazy week, if that makes any sense. I continued holding my brother hostage *evil grin* and he helped me organize. I worked on my computer area, clothes, and books. I ended up getting rid of a lot of clothes that don’t fit me anymore (yay!) and I organized everything by outfits (I know it sound really OCD, but it makes things so easy when it’s time to get ready for work). My book closet is looking better than it has in months – since it’s been doubling as my work closet and I’ve been perpetually out of room. I bought two organizers with three drawers each to add to the space and it made a world of difference. I also organized my books differently – better IMO. Before they were organized by series and that was really it. Now I have them organized by genre and whether or not I’ve read them. Books of the shelf’s genre that I have read are at the back, the ones I haven’t read are at the front for easy access. I’m very happy with it and hope this system will last.
I also spent a lot of time having fun 🙂 We went to a couple movies. Me and my brother saw Spotlight which ended up being really really good. I want to own it in fact. Then my bother, mom and I also saw Spectre – the latest James Bond movie. I hadn’t seen a James Bond movie since Pierce Brosnan but used to really love them. Well… I don’t love them anymore. It was meh at best. James Bond is not really that skilled is he? Just lucky? At least the old ones had cool gadgets, this one just gets lucky a lot. It felt like they were ending things for 007 though, so maybe I’ll be glad I saw this one. I also got together with some friends I haven’t seen much of this semester, which was great.
I finally let my brother go home on December 31st; My mom, brother and I met up with his boyfriend for lunch (his boyfriend has been out of town and was just getting back) at a local diner we really like – Mama’s Daughter’s Diner. It was nice because I haven’t spent much time with Zach since they started dating almost a year ago. We made tentative plans to start doing this once a month so I can see more of my brother and we can get to know Zach a bit better. Then for NYE we went over to Tequilla’s (my stepson Franky’s mom) for a bonfire, some games (mainly Heads Up and Cards) and just time with the family. We left before midnight and got home at about 11:45 – just enough time to turn on the TV, grab a drink and ring in the new year at home. And then go to bed because we’re old! LOl! I seem to rememeber celebrating NYE all night with lots of drinks, but that doesn’t even appeal to me anymore.
We spent Friday morning in bed – reading and relaxing mainly – and then went over to Tequilla’s again. We had fajitas on the grill and another bonfire. We played poker and met Mema’s (Franky’s grandmother) new boyfriend. He’s really nice and I think they may have something 🙂 Anyway, you’ll notice I didn’t spend any time on school work… ooops! well I enjoyed the rest and relaxation and I needed it. I go back tomorrow but the kids don’t come back until Wednesday, so I have some time 🙂
I’m trying really hard to get things organized so that the blog can go back to “normal” this year. I think I got enough done this past week! Fingers crossed!
I went to the doctor on the 29th and he gave me clearance to get back to the gym starting tomorrow. So we’ll see how that goes. I’m feeling weak pretty easily lately, so I’m nervous that the last couple weeks of taking it easy have done more damage than I expected. My goal is to hit the gym 3x a week, but I hate this time of year at the gym – it’s always so crowded. I know this isn’t nice, but I wish all the people who will stop going to the gym by February or March would just not come at all. Because those of us who go all year really could use the space! But I guess I don’t really mean that, because I always see someone in January who is clearly struggling to get healthy and I’m always happy when I see them keep coming. I just don’t like how crowded it gets!
Last Week on the Blog
- [27 Dec] Sunday Post | Happy Holidays!
- [27 Dec] COYER B2B Update | Week 1
- [28 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | July 2015
- [28 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | August 2015
- [29 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | September 2015
- [30 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | October 2015
- [31 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | November 2015
- [1 Jan] Out with the Old In with the New | December 2015
- [1 Jan] #2016HW | My 2016 Reading Assignment List
- [2 Jan] My TBR List | January 2016 Voting
- [2 Jan] Four Free Paranormal Romance Books! Through tomorrow only!
- [3 Jan] Sunday Post | Happy 2016!
- [4 Jan] December & End of Year Report Card! | #2015HW
- [5 Jan] Do you comment back?
- [9 Jan] My TBR List | January 2016 Results
- [10 Jan] Sunday Post | Back to School!
- [11 Jan] 2015 Book of the Year | Bracket Reveal
- [12 Jan] Finishing the Series Reading Challenge Sign Up
- [24 Jan] Sunday Post | 102.8
- [24 Jan] COYER B2B Update | Week 5
- [30 Jan] Bitten by a Hellcat by Felicity Heaton ★★★½
- [31 Jan] Sunday Post | Recess Required!?!
- [1 Feb] Berls’s January 2016 Challenge Update
- [6 Feb] My TBR List | February 2016 Voting
- [7 Feb] Sunday Post | No News is Good News!
- [8 Feb] 2015 Book of the Year Initial Eliminations
- [14 Feb] COYER B2B Update | Week 8
- [21 Feb] Sunday Post | Feeling Pretty Good
- [27 Feb] Death Before Daylight by ★★★★½
- [6 Mar] Already?!? COYER B2B is over!
- [7 Mar] Possessed by a Dark Warrior Cover Reveal
- [20 Mar] Sunday Post | Spring Break!
- [21 Mar] Is Perfectionism Killing Your Blog?
- [25 Mar] Devious Minds by Colleen Helme ★★★★½
- [26 Mar] Grave Visions by Kalayna Price ★★★★½
- [27 Mar] Sunday Post | Happy Easter!
- [28 Mar] Alive by Scott Sigler ★★★
- [1 Apr] White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout ★★★★
- [2 Apr] My TBR List | April 2016 Voting
- [3 Apr] Sunday Post | Welcome April!
- [4 Apr] Red Rising by Pierce Brown ★★★★½
- [8 Apr] Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout ★★★½
- [9 Apr] My TBR List | April 2016 Results
- [11 Apr] Outlander Thoughts | S2:E1 “Through a Glass, Darkly”
- [11 Apr] It’s here! It’s Finally here! Possessed by a Dark Warrior
- [15 Apr] Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout ★★★★★
- [16 Apr] Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson ★★★★½
- [17 Apr] Sunday Post | Stressed Out!!!
- [18 Apr] Taken By a Dragon by Felicity Heaton ★★★★½
- [19 Apr] Outlander Thoughts | S2: E2 “Not in Scotland Anymore”
- [22 Apr] The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy ★★★½
- [23 Apr] Resist by Tracey Martin ★★★★½
- [24 Apr] Sunday Post |Stress, Birthday, Heartbreak
- [26 Apr] Outlander Thoughts | S2: E3 “Useful Occupations and Deceptions”
- [27 Apr] Golden Son by Pierce Brown ★★★½
- [30 Apr] Landry Park by Bethany Hagen ★★★½
- [2 May] Second Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones ★★★★
- [6 May] Jubilee Manor by Bethany Hagen ★★★★½
- [9 May] Awakened by a Demoness by Felicity Heaton Cover Reveal!
- [21 May] #COYER Summer Vacation Sign Up & Big News!
- [5 Jun] Sunday Post |School’s Out for Summer!
- [12 Jun] Sunday Post | Best Birthday Present Ever!
- [18 Jun] My #COYER Goals
- [19 Jun] Sunday Post |Happy Father’s Day!
- [20 Jun] Outlander Thoughts | S2: E4 “La Dame Blanche”
- [22 Jun] Menagerie by Rachel Vincent ★★★★½
- [24 Jun] Fun Questions| Do you review everything you read?
- [28 Jun] January by Audrey Carlan ★★★★
- [28 Jun] February by Audrey Carlan ★★★★
- [28 Jun] March by Audrey Carlan ★★★★½
- [28 Jun] April by Audrey Carlan ★★★½
- [30 Jun] 2nd Quarter Report Card | #2016HW
- [2 Jul] My TBR List | July 2016 Voting
- [3 Jul] Sunday Post |Happy 4th!
- [6 Jul] The Unsame Ones by Stephanie Skeem ★★½
- [8 Jul] Can You Read a Series in a Month? #challenge
- [8 Jul] Cover Reveal for Felicity Heaton’s Haunted by the King of Death
- [9 Jul] My TBR List | July 2016 Results
- [10 Jul] Sunday Post | Terrible isn’t strong enough
- [11 Jul] May by Audrey Carlan ★★★
- [11 Jul] June by Audrey Carlan ★★★
- [11 Jul] July by Audrey Carlan ★★★½
- [11 Jul] August by Audrey Carlan ★★★★
- [12 Jul] Can You Read a Series in a Month? | Goal Post
- [14 Jul] Visit Me at Mom With a Reading Problem!
- [17 Jul] Sunday Post | Only 3 weeks left!
- [18 Jul] Love at the Spinster House #reviews #coyer #2016hw
- [18 Jul] What to Do with a Duke by Sally MacKenzie ★★★★½
- [18 Jul] How to Manage a Marquess by Sally MacKenzie ★★★★
- [23 Jul] Is it too late to comment?
- [24 Jul] Sunday Post | We got married!
- [30 Jul] Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout ★★★★
- [31 Jul] Sunday Post | All Banged Up!
- [1 Aug] Can You Read a Series in a Month? Kick Off
- [6 Aug] My TBR List | August 2016 Voting
- [13 Aug] My TBR List | August 2016 Results
- [28 Aug] Sunday Post | Things are looking good!
- [29 Aug] Blog Ahead October 2016 | I’m in!
- [30 Aug] Just a few Calendar Girl books I read | Part 3
- [30 Aug] September by Audrey Carlan ★★★½
- [30 Aug] October by Audrey Carlan ★★★★
- [30 Aug] November by Audrey Carlan ★★★★
- [30 Aug] December by Audrey Carlan ★★★★½
- [1 Sep] Can You Read a Series in a Month? | Wrap up!
- [3 Sep] My TBR List | September 2016 Voting
- [4 Sep] Sunday Post | I feel like a REAL blogger again!
- [5 Sep] Deeper by Robin York ★★★½
- [6 Sep] Top Ten Books I Wish Were TV Shows
- [7 Sep] Hidden Deception by Colleen Helme ★★★★
- [8 Sep] Am I more behind than you? Probably…
- [9 Sep] Just a few Half-Moon Hollows books I read | Part 1
- [9 Sep] Fangs for the Memories by Molly Harper ★★★★
- [9 Sep] The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper ★★★½
- [9 Sep] Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper ★★★★★
- [10 Sep] My TBR List | September 2016 Results
- [11 Sep] Sunday Post | Feeling Broke!
- [12 Sep] What I’m reading September 12, 2016
- [13 Sep] Top Ten Urban Fantasy Reads
- [15 Sep] Do you agonize over emoticons?
- [18 Sep] Sunday Post | So Tired!
- [19 Sep] What I’m Reading September 19, 2016
- [20 Sep] Top Ten Audiobook Narrators
- [21 Sep] Dark Debt by Chloe Neill ★★★
- [22 Sep] Do you have blog commitment issues?
- [23 Sep] Just a few Half-Moon Hollow books I read | Part 2
- [23 Sep] A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses by Molly Harper ★★★★
- [23 Sep] Undead Sublet by Molly Harper ★★★½
- [23 Sep] The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire by Molly Harper ★★★★
- [24 Sep] The Seven Habits of Happy Kids by Sean Covey ★★★★★
- [25 Sep] Sunday Post | Pissy Week
- [26 Sep] What I’m Reading September 26, 2016
- [27 Sep] Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR #TTT
- [28 Sep] Midnight Marked by Chloe Neill ★★★½
- [29 Sep] Can you stop anywhere?
- [30 Sep] Just a few Half-Moon Hollow books I read | Part 3
- [30 Sep] The Single Undead Moms Club by Molly Harper ★★★★★
- [30 Sep] Where the Wild Things Bite by Molly Harper ★★★½
- [30 Sep] Big Vamp on Campus by Molly Harper ★★★★
- [1 Oct] Get Even by Gretchen McNeil ★★★
- [2 Oct] Sunday Post | Teacher of the Month
- [3 Oct] What I’m Reading October 3, 2016
- [4 Oct] Top Ten Villains #TTT
- [5 Oct] Sugar Daddy by ★★★★★
- [6 Oct] What unimportant elements draw you to a book?
- [7 Oct] Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep ★★★★★
- [8 Oct] My TBR List | October 2016 Results
- [9 Oct] Sunday Post | The best job on the planet
- [10 Oct] What I’m Reading October 10, 2016
- [11 Oct] Top Ten Books I Read Because of Bloggers #TTT
- [12 Oct] Just a few HRs I read for book club… ages ago
- [12 Oct] Earls Just Want to Have Fun by Shana Galen ★★★★½
- [12 Oct] Match of the Century by Cathy Maxwell ★★★½
- [12 Oct] Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn ★★★½
- [13 Oct] The Rogue You Know by Shana Galen ★★★★½
- [14 Oct] Profile by J. A. Huss ★★★★★
- [15 Oct] Books From Kinderland | David Shannon
- [15 Oct] No, David! by David Shannon ★★★★★
- [15 Oct] David Goes to School. by David Shannon ★★★★★
- [16 Oct] Sunday Post | 3 day weekend… Sort of
- [17 Oct] What I’m Reading October 17, 2016
- [18 Oct] Top Ten characters I’d name a child/dog/cat/ car after #TTT
- [19 Oct] A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift by Jennifer Ashley ★★★½
- [20 Oct] Does your TBR ever make you sad?
- [21 Oct] Home by J. A. Huss ★★★★★
- [22 Oct] Dewey’s 24 Hour #READATHON | October 2016
- [23 Oct] Sunday Post | Book fun Galore!
- [24 Oct] What I’m Reading October 24, 2016
- [25 Oct] Top Ten Scary Books I actually want to read #ttt
- [26 Oct] For 100 Days by Lara Adrian ★★★★
- [27 Oct] Do authors prefer attractive people?
- [28 Oct] Books From Kinderland | Halloween Reads
- [28 Oct] The Hallo-Wiener by Dav Pilkey ★★★★
- [28 Oct] There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat! by Lucille Colandro ★★★★
- [29 Oct] Snow Like Ashes by ★★★★
- [30 Oct] Sunday Post |Emotional Week
- [31 Oct] What I’m Reading October 31, 2016
- [1 Nov] Top Ten Books to Read if your book club likes YA #TTT
- [2 Nov] I Kissed a Rogue by Shana Galen ★★★★
- [3 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks: Bloggers!
- [4 Nov] Manic by J. A. Huss ★★★★
- [5 Nov] My TBR List | November 2016 Voting
- [6 Nov] The Sunday Post | Oh No!
- [7 Nov] What I’m Reading November 7, 2016
- [8 Nov] Ten Books I’ve added to my TBR Lately
- [9 Nov] Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★★
- [10 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks: Authors and Narrators!
- [12 Nov] My TBR List | November 2016 Results
- [13 Nov] Sunday Post | A Devastating Week
- [14 Nov] What I’m Reading November 14, 2016
- [15 Nov] Ares by Felicity Heaton Cover Reveal
- [16 Nov] Smut by Karina Halle ★★★★
- [17 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks: To the Book People!
- [18 Nov] Panic by J. A. Huss ★★★★
- [19 Nov] Books From Kinderland | Happy Thanksgiving!
- [19 Nov] Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano ★★★★½
- [19 Nov] A Plump and Perky Turkey by Teresa Bateman ★★★½
- [19 Nov] The Thank You Book by Mo Willems ★★★★½
- [23 Nov] All the Rage by T.M. Frazier ★★★½
- [24 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks: Happy Thanksgiving
- [26 Nov] Bah, Humbug! by Heather Horrocks ★★★½
- [28 Nov] What I’m Reading November 28, 2016
- [29 Nov] Gerard's Beauty by Marie Hall ★★★½
- [30 Nov] Confessions From A Coffee Shop by T. B. Markinson
- [2 Dec] #2017HW | Reading Assignment Challenge Sign Up
- [7 Dec] Arena by Holly Jennings ★★★★★
- [8 Dec] Read an excerpt from Felicity Heaton’s newest book: Ares!
- [18 Dec] Help me make my #2017HW list!
- [29 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | Q1 2016
- [30 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | Q2 2016
- [31 Dec] Out With The Old & In With The New | Q3 2016
This Week on the Blog Look For:
Sunday Post | Happy 2016!
December & End of Year Report Card! | #2015HW
Do you “comment back”? | Fun Questions
2015 Book of the Year | Bracket Reveal
2016 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge Sign Up
2015 Book of the Year | Inital Eliminations
My TBR List | January 2016 Results
Added to my Shelf
I’m going to try and start sharing my book purchases again (I’ve been really lax about that lately) – and it’s really easy this time because I only got one last week!
*picture links to Goodreads*
How was your week?Berls is wishing everyone a happy 2016! See how she ended 2015. Click To Tweet