Michelle @ Because Reading & I are recapping 2015 and looking ahead to 2016 the next 12 days. Feel free to join us. I’ll be sharing highlights month-by-month and giving you a peak at my goals for 2016.
Out With The Old: December 2015
Some Quick Facts:
- Books Read:
16 (a great way to end the year)
- Books Reviewed (on the blog):
- Favorite Book Read:
White Trash Zombie Gone Wild by Diana Rowland
- Favorite Post:
I didn’t have much this month… so I’ll go with Life is So Unfair in tribute to Stephanie.
December was a beating emotionally and physically. My gallbladder situation was only getting worse, but thankfully I had it removed on the 18th. Surgery went well and recovery wasn’t too bad, but it was still surgery. The thing that really threw me for a loop was one of my best friends – Stephanie – died suddenly and unexpectedly on December 10th. I’m still reeling from it, though life has gone on (a fact I’m semi shocked by). It destroyed me and my emotional recovery has been much harder than the recovery from my surgery.
In With The New: Happy 2016!!!
Happy 2016 y’all! I cannot believe it’s 2016, I still feel like 2010 was yesterday! But it’s here and it’s time to make the best of it! To sum up my goals I’m joining in 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Michelle @ Because Reading.
You can sign up anytime between December 1st to March 1st, the challenge starts January 1st and ends December 31st. The 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is about setting New Years Resolutions for books and book blogging (though we’re not too mean…one of your resolutions can be a personal goal!)
- Finish/Catch up on at least 5 series I was already reading in 2015
- Read at least 6 books that I got at RT2015
- Spend no more than $200 of my money (so books bought with gift cards don’t count) on book purchases this year (not including Audible membership)
- Visit and comment on at least 30 blog posts a month (can be repeat blogs) – so average of 1 a day
- Have a Fun Questions post at least 2 times a month
- Get my Google Calendar setup (again) with a posting schedule
- Get and stay at least 7 days ahead on the blog
- Write for at least 1 hour each week
- Get to the gym an average of 3 days a week each month (as in 4 days 1 week and 2 days another week would be acceptable)
- Keep my classroom going in that right direction. Strict, consistent, learning!
- Take care of me! Make better health choices this year – getting a full night’s sleep, drinking my 8 glasses of water (which I usually do), taking my vitamins, healthy food choices,etc.
How was December 2015 for you? Are you making goals for 2016?