Welcome to My Sunday Post!
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Basically it’s a chance to talk about the books you bought, borrowed, blogged about, and read for the week and what’s coming in the week ahead – and then share them with a much wider blogging community. Check out the details here.
News at Home
So I started work this week and… well it’s going to be an interesting year based on the surprises I got hit with! If you recall, I got hired at the end of April and was told I’d be teaching 5th grade Science. This was confirmed at the end of May, when I toured the school and met the principal. Well… on Wednesday I got a BIG surprise. Looks like I’ll be teaching Kindergarten. This was especially a surprise because my certification is for grades 4-8… as in, I’m not officially QUALIFIED to teach anything below 4th grade. When I talked to the principal about it, she apologized for messing up and said she’d see what we needed to do. So I went home Wednesday not knowing what I’d be teaching. Thankfully my certification program is GREAT and they answered all our questions faster than the school district could and we found out Thursday morning that I have to take the test before the semester begins if I’m going to teach Kindergarten.
So the stress is already on hard core. I was able to find two test dates before school starts and one of them my principal said it would be okay for me to miss work to take — August 18th. I’ve been in new teacher training since Wednesday and will be in it until this upcoming Wednesday. And then I have Teacher In-Service until school begins on the 24th. Amidst all that, I need to figure out how to teach kindergarten, setup my classroom, study for the certification exam that I have to take and pass on the 18th (or IDK what will happen – maybe I’ll lose my job? Trying not to think about that posssibility!) and oh yeah, we have Open House/Meet the Teacher night on the 20th. I can’t recall the last time I was in a Kindergarten classroom… when I went into my classroom to see what I have to work with (and it’s really VERY nice I have to say) I was shocked to see a toy kitchen set. Yeah, I didn’t know they get time to play things like house and with building blocks…! Eeek! I’ve been spending a lot of time (you know, when I’m not at orientation or studying for my exam) watching youtube videos and surfing pintrest to get a handle on what exactly I’m going to be doing. Thankfully I have a good friend that teaches PreK locally and I’m actually spending today with her, picking her brain. Hopefully I’ll be ready and not screw up royally! Wish me luck, I need it!
Because of the above I’m going to be in and out a lot (I guess I should say a lot more, since I haven’t been around too well all year anyway) and I’m sincerely sorry for not replying to comments are visiting you. I’m trying, but I have to get a handle on the job first and foremost. I am reading comments though and I really appreciate them!
I sucked so bad at the gym last week. I didn’t go once all week :/ I did get in about 7k steps a day, but the evening routine I worked so hard to establish went out the window in the face of work stress. I’m going to try really hard to get back on track this week, because I’m sure I’d handle the stress better if I were working out like I”m supposed to. On the plus side, I ate really healthy… except for the two handfuls of M&Ms I devoured Wednesday night in the stress of waiting to find out what was going to happen.
Last Few Weeks on the Blog
- [12 Jul] Sunday Post | Going Camping!
- [13 Jul] Allegiant by Veronica Roth ★★★
- [14 Jul] The Unleashing by Shelly Laurenston ★★★★
- [15 Jul] Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn ★★★★★
- [16 Jul] Unleashed by Sophie Jordan ★★
- [18 Jul] 2015 Book of the Year | 2nd Quarter Picks
- [19 Jul] Kitty Goes to War by Carrie Vaughn ★★★★
- [23 Jul] I’m Back!!! Family Camping Trip #success
- [24 Jul] No More Black Magic by A.L. Kessler ★★★
- [25 Jul] Tragic by J. A. Huss ★★★★
- [26 Jul] #COYER Update Week 5
- [27 Jul] Kitty's Big Trouble by Carrie Vaughn ★★★½
- [28 Jul] The Veil by Chloe Neill ★★★★
- [29 Jul] Have you ever had a positive Amazon review conversation?
- [31 Jul] Kitty Steals the Show by Carrie Vaughn ★★★★½
- [1 Aug] My TBR List | August 2015 Voting
- [2 Aug] Release Day Giveaway | The Veil by Chloe Neill
- [3 Aug] Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn ★★★★★
- [4 Aug] Kitty in the Underworld by Carrie Vaughn ★★★½
- [7 Aug] Her Sinful Angel by Felicity Heaton Blog Barrage
- [8 Aug] My TBR List | August 2015 Results
This Week on the Blog Look For:
I will have these reviews this week… not sure what else:
Low Midnight by Carrie Vaughn
Kitty Saves the World by Carrie Vaughn
Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
How was your week?Started my new job and it's off to a surprising start already! Check out my Sunday Post for details! Click To Tweet