The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Basically it’s a chance to talk about the books you bought, borrowed, blogged about, and read for the week and what’s coming in the week ahead – and then share them with a much wider blogging community. Check out the details here.
News at Home
Well geez, I just looked and my last Sunday Post was June 14th – how’d I get so irregular with what is easily my favorite post of the week? I just love connecting with everyone on a personal level! For some reason I just have a hard time getting my blogging shit together on the weekends right now…. anyway what can I tell you about news at home?
Well…. We’re going camping!!! Y’all I’m so excited because I haven’t had a real vacation since August 2011…. almost 4 YEARS AGO! But all the reasons I haven’t taken a vacation still exist – time, money, lots of people makes it cost a lot, money, lol. Yeah, the main factor is money. Because here’s the thing – when we take a vacation we don’t want it to be just they BF and I. We want a family vacation. And when I say family I probably come up with the most unconventional list you can think of but here’s who’s going on our family vacation: My BF, his son, his son’s mom/his ex, and her husband and two other kids. That’s right! I’m going on vacation with my BF’s ex! Thing is – guess who sat down and planned this thing? Me and her! This really is our family unit. I basically consider her other two kids mine too – not just my stepson. I’ve been around for more than 10 years and we’ve always been so close that I’ve helped raise them too. So our weird little family unit is going camping because WE CAN AFFORD IT! When we look up most vacations with a big group like that we’re looking at spending at least a thousand dollars. This one – camping in a three bedroom cabin – only costs a few hundred 🙂 Plus it’s kind of my ideal vacation – away from everything! Just nature – hiking, swimming, fishing, kayaking! I can’t wait. Of course, that does mean I won’t be around the blog. So we leave on Sunday the 19th and we get back Wednesday the 22nd.
I just celebrated my second blogoversary this past week and I have an AMAZING giveaway going on. If you missed it, it’s open until Thursday. Go enter now 🙂
This week I started changing my routine to evening workouts so that I’ll be ready for when I start work next monnth. So my new schedule is:
Wednesday: Weight Lifting Class
Thursday: Water Aerobics
Sunday: C25k Run
Step goal: 10k a day, except Saturday
It went really well and I think this new schedule is going to work out well. Right now I’m still also taking Buffy for 3 to 4 15-minute walks a day. Once I start working that will probably go down to two, one in the morning before I leave and one when I get back from work (BF will take her out on lunch break and in evening, so she’s still getting plenty of exercise).
Average steps: 9,155 steps/day (this includes saturday, so I’m good)
Days counting calories: 7
Book budget money earned: $2
Last Few Weeks on the Blog
- [14 Jun] Sunday Post | Slowly but surely…
- [15 Jun] 'Til Death Volume 1 by Bella Jewel ★★★★
- [16 Jun] 'Til Death Volume 2 by Bella Jewel ★★★★★
- [17 Jun] The Heir by Kiera Cass ★★★★
- [18 Jun] Fairest by Marissa Meyer ★★★★
- [20 Jun] Time To Get Your #COYER On!
- [20 Jun] Kissed by Fire| Cover Reveal
- [21 Jun] Why did you start blogging? How has it changed (for) you?
- [22 Jun] Crossing Danger by Colleen Helme ★★★★★
- [23 Jun] Stray by Rachel Vincent ★★★★
- [26 Jun] No More Black Magic Blog Tour
- [28 Jun] The Stepsisters Scheme by Jim C. Hines ★★★½
- [29 Jun] Kitty and the Silver Bullet by Carrie Vaughn ★★★★
- [30 Jun] June Report Card | #2015HW
- [1 Jul] Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand by Carrie Vaughn ★★★★★
- [2 Jul] Queen of Tomorrow by Sherry D. Ficklin ★★★★★
- [3 Jul] Berls’s Challenge Update | May & June 2015
- [4 Jul] My TBR List | July 2015 Voting
- [5 Jul] #COYER Update Week 2
- [6 Jul] Kitty Raises Hell by Carrie Vaughn ★★★★½
- [7 Jul] Dogwood Hill by Sherryl Woods ★★★
- [8 Jul] A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness ★★★★★
- [9 Jul] We’re Two! Blogoversary Kindle Giveaway & More!
- [11 Jul] My TBR List | July 2015 Results
How was your week?