Welcome to the 73rd Edition of My Sunday Post!
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Basically it’s a chance to talk about the books you bought, borrowed, blogged about, and read for the week and what’s coming in the week ahead – and then share them with a much wider blogging community. Check out the details here.
News at Home
I’m keeping busy as always, though saying exactly what with is really hard. Lots of school stuff keeping me busy – I’m trying to get myself setup to do observations and the paperwork’s no fun at all!
I’ve also been knitting a lot. I forgot to show y’all but I finished making this Outlander inspired cowl for my friend a couple weeks ago.
My friend loved it and I’m thrilled 🙂 Since I suck at replying to comments I thought I’d mention – because I know someone asked – this used those HUGE knitting needles. There plastic – I typically use the cheap metal, so that wasn’t a problem for me – but the size was awkward. I adjusted easily though. The really only frustrating part was trying to weave in the ends because the knit is so lose, they don’t want to stay weaved in!
I also made my BF a scarf… well it’s pretty much an ascot, but don’t tell him that! He would scoff at being a guy that wears an ascot LOL! But he said he wanted a short scarf that had a spot to tie close to his neck. Sound like an ascot to anyone else?
He really loves it, so I guess that’s the point, right? I’m working on a purse right now for myself, using all the scraps from projects I’ve done. It should be interesting, but so many of the colors naturally go together so I think it will be good. I may not have enough to finish it, so I’ll just set it aside and keep working on it as I get scraps.
Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! And I kicked off our Murder at the Reinhart event last week – most the posts below are about that.
Average steps: 9816 steps/day (so close! I need to work on not being quite so lazy on off days!)
Days counting calories: 4 (I’m really struggling with this!)
Book budget money earned: $0 – close but not quite 🙁
Last Two Weeks on the Blog
- [25 Jan] Best Audiobooks of 2014 Blog Hop
- [25 Jan] Sunday Post | 72nd Edition
- [26 Jan] Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews ★★★★½
- [27 Jan] Do you remember your first?
- [28 Jan] Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris ★★★★★
- [29 Jan] Dreams | Life of a Blogger
- [30 Jan] Cutlass by Ashley Nixon ★★★★
- [31 Jan] The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★★
- [31 Jan] Winter 2014-2015 #COYER Update | More than Halfway!
- [2 Feb] Hunted by a Jaguar by Felicity Heaton ★★★½
- [2 Feb] You’re Invited! | Murder at the Reinhart
- [3 Feb] Pinching Pennies | January 2015 Book Budget
- [3 Feb] Meet Lea Wait | First Round Competitors!
- [4 Feb] Berls’s Challenge Update | January 2015
- [4 Feb] Meet Colleen Helme | Second Round Competitors
- [5 Feb] Meet Katie Hayoz | Third Round Competitors
- [6 Feb] Murder at the Reinhart | It Begins!
- [7 Feb] My TBR List | February 2015 Voting
- [7 Feb] Winter 2014-2015 #COYER Update | I promise I’m still here!
This Week on the Blog Look For:
Sunday Post | 73rd Edition
Murder at the Reinhart | Part 1 by Lea Wait
Murder at the Reinhart | Part 2 by Lea Wait
Alienated by Melissa Landers
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
Invaded by Melissa Landers
My TBR List | February 2015 Results
Murder at the Reinhart | Round 1 Results
Added to my Shelf
*picture links to Goodreads*
How was your week?