2015 we’re going back to school but this time your in charge of the assigned reading list! Join Me and Michelle @ Because Reading for the 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge!
- The 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge runs from January 1st – December 31st 2015. You may sign up anytime between now and July 1st
- You may only participate for the months AFTER you sign up (so if you sign up in February, January doesn’t count)
- Commit to reading 1, 2, 3, or 4 books a month and MAKE A LIST of the SPECIFIC books you will read in 2015. This is the point of the challenge: You’re committing to reading a set list of books and a certain number of them each month. It’s your chance to finally hold yourself accountable for those books you keep promising yourself you’ll read!
- You may read any genre or any format (i.e., eBook, Audiobook, Paperback, Hardcover). But they must be published before January 1, 2015 and they must be at least 100 pages.
- Pick a level and make your list. REMEMBER: You’re committing to not just those books, but that number of books a month. You CANNOT read them all in one month. You get a certain amount of Extra Credit and Passes, depending on your level (as listed & explained below)
- At the end of each month, cross off the book(s) you read. We will have a link-up each month (hosted alternatively between me and Michelle- January will be Michelle, February Me, March Michelle, etc.) for you to link your reviews. This can be simply a link to a quick update on Goodreads or a blog review. The link-up will be open 1st to the 7th of each month and we’ll randomly select a monthly winner of a $5 gift card to Amazon. Giveway will be open Internationally.
- Tweet your progress to #2015HW and keep an eye out for random tweets from us.
- There will be a grand prize drawing in January 2016. To be entered in the grand prize raffle, you must have completed your Reading Assignment as you indicated in your sign up post. The monthly giveaways will be based on that month alone, so even if you can’t complete the challenge for the year, you will have plenty of opportunities to win!
And that’s it! This is a bit stricter than a lot of year long challenges, but that’s because we want it to be a little harder and hopefully more satisfying when you rock it!
Are you ready to make your Reading Assignment list?
Make the list of the books you WILL read for the challenge, picking your level. Remember your list can’t change! We will allow you to amend your list in the event that you put several sequential books from a series and then decide you don’t like the series, but that is the ONLY change that can be made to this list. Also remember, you must read the number of books you say you will each month, except if you use a pass or extra credit. If you have any questions now or at any point during the challenge, email me (email@example.com) or Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Grab the logo for your sign-up post:
Once you’ve made your list, link up here: