Welcome to the 65th Edition of My Sunday Post!
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Basically it’s a chance to talk about the books you bought, borrowed, blogged about, and read for the week and what’s coming in the week ahead – and then share them with a much wider blogging community. Check out the details here.
News at Home
Another really great week!
First of all, I crossed the Ts and dotted the Is for the good news I hinted at last week, when I signed a contract Monday to have a short story I wrote published!! I mentioned this way back in September, when I said I was submitting a story for a competition – and I found out that my story made the cut before last week’s Sunday Post. But I wanted to wait to have everything finalized before I said anything. The story is a YA Dystopian called “Simulated Perfection” and it will come out next month in an anthology called Welcome to the Future. I’m so excited – when I first got the good news I screamed so loud my dog started barking at nothing! LOL! The reality of it has set in a bit now and I’m also a wee-bit nervous – not just that people might now like it (which I am), but more than that I just want to make sure I can use this opportunity right and I’m afraid I won’t be able to. Being an author is something I’ve dreamed about since I could read, so this is a huge deal for m and no matter what happens from here, I’m thrilled.
The rest of the week was a whirlwind! Monday we setup the Christmas Tree and since Franky’s little brother was over to help, we also played Dance Central and went to the park. It was a fun, but exhausting day. Grocery shopping Tuesday (two days before Thanksgiving, so you can imagine what that was like) and Tuesday night the cooking began with the Cranberry Jell-O and planning out the timing for the next two days. Wednesday we made Apple, Pecan, Chocolate, and Pumpkin pies and also prepped the Bourbon Sweet Potatoes. We were at it from 9:30am – 5pm with a few breaks in-between. Then Thursday we got started on homemade rolls at 6am and were off to my step-son’s mom’s house by 12:30pm. We had an amazing time and the best part was that my mom came, my my brother’s boyfriend Jonathon, and she had a great time and even said that he seemed like a nice guy. I don’t know about y’all, but I think I’ve gotten all my Christmas Miracles a bit early this year! I couldn’t be happier with how things went!
We finished off the week with Hunger Games on Friday morning, some shopping, Buffy’s yearly vaccinations and then a lazy day Saturday. I’ve taken up knitting again and spent a good portion of the day listening to an Audiobook practicing my stitches. I’m hoping for a lazy Sunday and starting a knitting project before I get back to real life tomorrow.
I’m super excited to share the details of the reading challenge Michelle & I will be hosting next year – the details will be coming tomorrow 🙂
And don’t forget to sign up for Winter 2014-2015 COYER if you haven’t yet (signups are open till mid January, so you have time). Also, LAST CALL For those who are interested in hosting a mini-challenge. Just send me an email expressing your interest (you don’t have to know all the details yet) sometime today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NaNoWriMo Bloggy Style: As of finalizing this post (Saturday around 10:15pm) I have 21 posts scheduled and another 19 setup as far as possible – which is 40 posts! I’m very happy with that and plan to do a bit more work before bed tonight, so I’ll probably end November with all of December either scheduled of setup – what a relief!
- NetGalley November: I started my third NetGalley book last night and plan on pushing to finish it tonight. If I do – I will have read the bottom end of my goal, 3 books. I got two more this month though, so I didn’t actually get the percentage I was shooting for. Next month!
Last Week on the Blog
- [23 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 23
- [23 Nov] Sunday Post | 64th Edition
- [23 Nov] 20 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- [24 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 24
- [24 Nov] Grave Dance by Kalayna Price ★★★★★
- [25 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 25
- [26 Nov] Grave Memory by Kalayna Price ★★★★★
- [26 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 26
- [27 Nov] Kidnapped the Wrong Sister by Marie Kelly ★★
- [27 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 27
- [28 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 28
- [28 Nov] Book Blog Walkers Check-in 48
- [29 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 29
- [29 Nov] Forever & Always by Jasinda Wilder ★★½
This Week on the Blog Look For:
Sunday Post | 65th Edition
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 30
2015 Reading Assignment Challenge Sign-Ups!
My 2015 Reading Assignment List
I’m Dreaming of an Undead Christmas by Molly Harper
Pinching Pennies | November 2014
The Bride Says No by Cathy Maxwell
Death Dealer by Ashley Robertson
Santa’s Wayward Elf by Paige Tyler
Book Blog Walkers Check-in 49
My TBR List | December 2014 Voting
A fun discussion from Novel Heartbeat: Do You Continue a Series if You Hate the First Book?
Nose Graze started doing Designer Interviews and they’re so fun to read. Check out her interview with Hazel from Stay Bookish!
How was your week?
Link to your posts in the comments below so I can visit you 🙂