Welcome to the 63rd Edition of My Sunday Post!
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Basically it’s a chance to talk about the books you bought, borrowed, blogged about, and read for the week and what’s coming in the week ahead – and then share them with a much wider blogging community. Check out the details here.
I had to miss posting last Sunday because life has just been too crazy! I’m going to try to make this a quick update, but I do want to share my craziness – maybe if I share it, things will calm down a bit?
So two weeks ago I mentioned we were looking for a car for my mom – we found one at a great price. Check it out:
But the Monday we spent doing that just set the pace for the last couple weeks. I’ve had all kinds of emergencies – from helping a member of my stepson’s family get help for self-harm (life is so hard for teenagers these days, breaks my heart) to my brother having a full blown grand mal seizure, on his birthday of all days! He’s epileptic, so it’s not a huge shock, but he hasn’t had one like that in quite a while. Problem is, he celebrated a bit TOO HARD for his birthday 🙁 It’s been two weeks of intense drama, a few hard core fights, lots of tears, and way too much stress. And somehow, it’s also already half-way through November! How the hell did that happen? I want to call a redo!
I have to say, though, that I’m feeling really optimistic about the rest of the month. Once I get caught up on school work – I need to email/call my advisor, I’ve missed two emails and three phone calls from him… oops! – everything else is really on track. I’m planning on buying things for Christmas decorating this week – we don’t have anything because of all the moves – and Franky’s mom and I will be sitting down this week to figure out who’s cooking what where for Thanksgiving (yes, we celebrate with my BFs ex – we’re a big happy unconventional family). I’m really looking forward to letting the holidays take over and, crazy though they may be, they’re a great happy crazy!
Last 2 Weeks on the Blog Look For:
- [2 Nov] Sunday Post | 62nd Edition
- [2 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 2
- [3 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 3
- [3 Nov] Losing Logan by Sherry D. Ficklin ★★★★
- [4 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 4
- [4 Nov] Pinching Pennies | October 2014
- [5 Nov] It Takes a Witch by Heather Blake ★★★½
- [5 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 5
- [6 Nov] After Math by Denise Grover Swank ★★★½
- [6 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 6
- [7 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 7
- [8 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 8
- [8 Nov] My TBR List | November 2014 Results
- [8 Nov] Book Blog Walkers Check-in 45
- [9 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 9
- [10 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 10
- [10 Nov] Austenland by Shannon Hale ★★★★
- [11 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 11
- [12 Nov] A Good Debutante’s Guide to Ruin by Sophie Jordan ★★★½
- [12 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 12
- [13 Nov] The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley ★★★★
- [13 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 13
- [14 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 14
- [14 Nov] Book Blog Walkers Check-in 46
- [15 Nov] Winter 2014-2015 COYER Signups
- [15 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks Day 15
This Week on the Blog Look For:
Sunday Post | 63rd Edition
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 16
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 17
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 18
Grave Witch by Kalayna Price
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 19
Generation 18 by Keri Arthur
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 20
Book Blog Walkers Check-in 47
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 21
A Month of Giving Thanks Day 22
November’s Challenge Updates
A Month of Giving Thanks – I’m so glad we decided to do this – I’ve really enjoyed reading other’s posts and just seeing others love on a blogger/book I Thank. I still need to write 10 of these posts – I changed up the last week or so of the month to fit in more bloggers and I’m trying to get those written.
NaNoWriMo Bloggy Style – I’m doing pretty good on this one. I started the month off with 17 scheduled posts, so my goal is to end it with 47 scheduled/setup posts. I have 21 scheduled right now and another 12 setup, meaning I’m at 33. Of course 11 of those are for November, so I have some work to do, but I feel like I might just make this!
NaNoWriMo – well I knew I’d drop the ball somewhere, shame it had to be here. I have spent some time writing and researching for a couple different book projects, but I haven’t lived up to my goal to write every weekday. And lets not even talk about word count. Oh well, I’ll keep trying, maybe the second half of the month will be a shocker?
NetGalley November– I finished one NetGalley read so far and already turned in the feedback. My goal this month was to read between 3 and books, submit the feedback, and get my percentage up between 80 and 85 (which also means no new requests!). I feel pretty good about this one, I think I can squeeze in two more this month and my ratio is already up from 72.1% to 74.4%
Since I’m really sleepy, I’m going to skip sharing my new acquisitions for the week. Let’s just say it wasn’t TOO many and all were free 🙂
How was your week?
Link to your posts in the comments below so I can visit you 🙂