Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat. Each week Jessi chooses a topic (scheduled in advance) that’s not book related so we that we can get to know our fellow bloggers better – and to know more about them than just books. I’m thrilled to join in and I hope to participate every week from here on out. I hope you’ll join in too – check out the details here!
This week’s topic: Quirks
I’m sure I have quirks. Everyone has quirks, right? See the thing is, I’m not sure I think of them as quirks because to me, they’re normal things I do. So I asked my brother… “Phil, do I have any quirks?”
Since I called him at 10:00am on a Sunday to ask that question I got voicemail instead. I imagined if he had answered I would have gotten a resounding, “Huh?” followed by some grumbling about how my most annoying quirk is calling him way too damn early. LOL! I wake up early and that particular day I’d already been up for several hours. Without an alarm.
Anyway, in a later conversation he told me my clumsiness was my quirk. Yeah, I a special sort of clumsy. 🙂
But our imaginary conversation did get me thinking. Maybe instead of trying to figure out my quirks I should think of the things I do that my brother regularly comments on, gets annoyed by or laughs at. Here’s what I came up with:
- I tend to correct incorrect grammar. It really bothers me, sorry. Wait, I’m so not sorry.
- I don’t like Apple/MAC. It’s not the product that bothers me, it’s the mentality that goes with it (a lot of the time). I won’t explain because if you love the company you won’t understand what I’m saying. And if you don’t, you already know what I’m saying. And I say this without any mean intent.
- I like to drink from a straw. I have so many cups with straws and I’m always carrying one with me. Always.
- I’m a drama queen and own it. I overreact and make things into a big deal at times. Oh well, we all have faults and I take pride in owning mine. My brother says I’m a bit dramatic in my ownership of being a drama queen. LOL. What can I say? It’s me 🙂
- I get really super passionate about causes. This goes hand in hand with being a drama queen probably. But I’m really passionate about LGBT Rights, Marriage Equality, Animal Rights, etc.
- I have lots of reading quirks… I have to read a series in the same format I started it – audio, hardback, paperback. If the first read was a library book, it has to stay a library series. If I owned the first book, I can’t go to the library for the next one. That’s probably my weirdest quirk.
That’s all I could come up with. And I’m not really sure that anything on that list is technically a quirk. But that’s me, in all my quirkiness 🙂
What are your quirks?