Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat. Each week Jessi chooses a topic (scheduled in advance) that’s not book related so we that we can get to know our fellow bloggers better – and to know more about them than just books. I’m thrilled to join in and I hope to participate every week from here on out. I hope you’ll join in too – check out the details here!
This week’s topic: 101 Things I Hate
I discovered last week that 101 things is a lot of things to come up with and I’m wondering if I’ll even make it to the 60 I made it last week… probably not. I’m the sort of person who tries not to let things bother me so I don’t hate all that much. And I consider hate a very strong word/sentiment, so I try hard not to hate. But there are a few things, so here we go…
1. People who hurt, mistreat, or neglect animals.
2. People who hurt, mistreat, or neglect children.
3. People who hurt, mistreat, or neglect other human beings in general.
5. Cold weather.
* At this point I stopped and stared at my computer for a very long time….
6. Bank fees.
7. The super, selfishly wealthy.
*At this point I Googled for inspiration, because I was incredibly stuck… none of these were direct copies, but inspired from other lists I found online.
10. Big crowds of people.
12. Road construction (which causes #11 a lot here in DFW)
13. spam – email & comments.
14. Flying. (Haven’t done it since 2004 I think)
15. How much it costs to fill up my truck.
16. Watermelon. All melon actually.
17. Being preached at.
19. Stupid, paternalistic laws.
21. That we’re still having to define & fight for LGBT rights. They’re humans, so their rights should be the same as all humans.
22. The US inability to really separate Church & State.
*At this point I realized I was getting more political than I want to on my blog, so decided to calm down and shift gear.
23. Being on a diet.
24. That I’m spending 11 years in school to get a PhD and will probably not be able to find a job.
25. People knocking on my door to sell me stuff or preach at me.
27. People texting while driving.
28. Arguing with anyone I love.
29. Fighting of all kinds.
30. Sports that suggest pummeling each other is a positive activity.
31. Strangers talking to me on public transportation. It creeps me out. Plus, I want to read.
32. People interrupting me while I’m reading.
33. Graduate school – even though I have 3 years left.
34. Pretending I don’t hate graduate school.
35. That Hulu Plus has commercials even though I have to pay for it.
36. Bad commercials.
37. People listening to their music so loud that I have to listen to it too.
39. Rude drivers.
40. People not picking up after their dogs.
41. Bad customer service.
42. Littering. (and thus, people who litter)
43. Finding out there’s no toilet paper too late.
44. The obsession with Apple, iPhones, and all things MAC (I should point out it’s not the product but the obsession that I hate. It does make me steer clear of the product though too)
45. Too much PDA.
47. Most reality tv.
48. When my internet provider hijaks my default search engine.
49. Computer viruses.
50. Spoilers… particularly ones without a warning!
51. Know it alls (especially the stupid ones).
52. When people jump lines as if they’re more important than the rest of us.
53. When people drive on the shoulder when traffic is really bad, as if they’re the only ones in a hurry.
54. When I can’t get a live person on a call to customer service.
55. Being used.
56. Being asked why we aren’t married after 9 years together.
57. Being asked why we don’t have kids yet or when we’ll have kids.
And I’m out!! I just can’t think of anything else that I really hate. And some of those were a stretch.
What do you hate? Do we share any hates? Or maybe you like something I hate?