Join me every Saturday as I ask a Fun Question that’s been on my mind. I’ll give you my take, but I really hope you’ll jump in with your answers too, since I’m really curious to know what my fellow readers and bloggers think! So today’s question is…
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?
Happy 2014 everyone! With the New Year, many of us are making resolutions to make the 2014 better than 2013 and I’m semi on that bandwagon. Although some really great things happened in 2013, overall it was a trying year. So I’m looking forward to 2014 being better and really hope it will be. I do have several goals for my life – but I wouldn’t say that I wasn’t already working on them in 2013 or that I turned over a new leaf in 2014. For example, I’ve been eating really healthy and working out regularly for more than a year. That is still my goal in 2014, but it’s not really a New Year’s Resolution.
The blog is kind of a different story though. I took a bit of a blog break in December – mainly because life’s demands were way too high – and it gave me a chance to make January a kind of reset. So I have goals for the blog and I guess they are kind of New Year’s Resolutions, since I tried to put them into place as of January 1.
My 2014 Blog Resolutions:
- Have posts written a full month in advance. (I’m already failing at this one and it may just not be in my blog personality)
- Answer all comments within 1 week.
- Visit my favorite blogs and comment on them at least 2 times a week. (I’d like to do more, but this is a reasonable goal)
- Get my Netgalley ratio up to 80% and keep it there.
- Get caught up on all review request books and not accept more than 1 to be read in any given month.
- Get back on Twitter (not just through Triberr, but socially)
- Use Triberr daily (I was doing this until December, so I just want to get back into that habit)
- Don’t accept more than 1 blog tour a month, 1 cover reveal or blitz a week.
- Keep a book budget and stick to it! (This never used to be a problem, but now I find books and buy them non-stop)
- KEEP BLOGGING FUN! I don’t want to get stressed out about the blog. It’s so much fun and so rewarding, so I will not lot it ever feel like work!
As part of my goals for 2014, I’ve come up with a new schedule for the blog. Not a whole lot is changing, but for those of you who have favorite features (or who are new followers) here’s my new schedule. I’m cutting back on reviews from 3x a week to 2x a week, because I just can’t keep up the pace.
While I’m Reading (WIR)*moved from Thursdays
Alternating between Teaser Tuesday and Top off Tuesday
Audio Reviews *I’ve decided that I want to have 1 day a week dedicated to my love of audio
Life of a Blogger
Book Reviews *this includes shorts or novellas
Final Day of the Month
Pinching Pennies *time to get responsible about my book spending
DNFs for the month
So I’ve made a few changes in 2014 on the blog, but not a whole lot. Mostly, I just want to keep doing what I’ve been doing & make it better if possible.
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? What are your blog goals for 2014?