Join me every Saturday as I ask a Fun Question that’s been on my mind. I’ll give you my take, but I really hope you’ll jump in with your answers too, since I’m really curious to know what my fellow readers and bloggers think! So today’s question is…
Do you get blogger ADD?
Being that I’m fairly new to blogging (it’ll be 3 months on the 7th!!), I often wonder about people’s process. Do they sit down to write posts and when they’re done with that answer comments, look at other people’s posts, etc? I wonder because I am all over the place when I sit down to blog. What’s even crazier about this is that I’m typically a very focused person. I sit down to do homework from 8:00 – 10:00 for example, and that’s all I do for those two hours. But not with blogging – I can stay focused on 1 task for anything! When I say “blogging” here’s what I mean:
- Writing posts.
- Working on my post calendar.
- Emails! (holy crap I get a TON of emails and they tend to involve me working on my calendar a lot, so 2 & 3 kind of go together)
- Responding to comments.
- Visiting people who’ve commented on my blog & commenting back.
- Reading my favorite blogs.
- Looking over the thousands of new posts from the hundreds of blogs I follow.
- Tweeting (sometimes this is just fun, sometimes this is blogging)
- Working on upcoming challenges, planning books to read, etc.
- Posting reviews in the standard places, which for me is: booklikes (which does goodreads for me), shelfari, Amazon, and when applicable NetGalley
So I’ll sit down, like I did today for example, with the plan to write up a couple posts. And in the middle I’ll need to link to something or say when something will be coming up, which has me looking at my calendar, and before I know it I have 12 different windows open. For example, check out my current window line up:
So… if you click through the interactive image links you’ll see that I was all over the place in the process of writing just this post. It gets even crazier when I’m trying to answer comments. I never seem to sit down and do just one task at a time when I’m blogging. And as a result, I’ll sit down to do one task and before I know it hours have passed and I’m still not done with it!
Do you get blogger ADD (like me)?
How do you stay focused while blogging?